10.9.06

Return to Planet P


I have this ritual, on Saturdays and Sundays I watch really bad horror movies on the SciFi channel. They are the worst B movies anyone could find but they are rather entertaining. Maybe it is because they are so bad or maybe because I expect them to be so gosh darn awful. Well at 5 am Central SciFi goes to paid commercials so I switched to TBS and what do I find, Starship Troopers. I love this movie!
First off, they way it was filmed is great with the news and commercial propaganda clips spliced in and the fact that there is not much of that sob love story BS to deal with. Second, this movie is nonstop action and the cast is pretty darn decent. Third, it is pretty fucking brutal when you can catch it unedited. Give me the gore any day!! They spared no expense on the blood and guts in this film!! (Even though this is the like 10th time I have seen it, this flick never gets old!) But can anyone tell me, why are they always shooting at Will? What they hell did Will ever do to anyone?
But anyway this was a great way to prepare for bed with some good quality action.

One another, note that I should mention is that I razzed yet another house. We now have the Evans Paradise Estate. The house we have now is HUGE and there is a HOT SPRING SPA in the backyard!! Hence the name paradise. The house is still in South Sunset. I love the Sunset Islands and don't see myself leaving them anytime soon.

On the other hand, I recently posted a help wanted ad for The Gin Rummy. In it I told the applicants to IM me before you tp to the club, in case I am doing something else or not there. It also stated that applicants be verified accounts since the ad is for DJs and I have had bad luck with unverified DJs not showing up and just totally quitting the game with out warning. Again, simple enough. So explain to me why I have unverified applicants tping to the club and going "Duh I here about the ad."? What the fuck, can't you read? I mean how hard is it to read the freaking directions and follow them? There is even a part in the ad that states "If you tp in before you IM you will not be interviewed." I have had five people so far just tp into the club without IMing first and all of them unverified. Three of them had no prior DJ experience at all. No them being unverified would not have been so bad if their accounts would not have been opened in the last week or so. So I have a newbie looking for a job without a clue how to do the job much less move around in world. Not going to happen, at least not with the DJ positions. I mean I remember when I first looked for a job in SL. They had DJ positions opened then , but that was not something I would have applied for because I admit I did not know what I was doing. In so cases I came across ads that asked the applicant to be at least 6 months old before applying for a job. So I am being quite lenient in asking that the person have a verified account. But if they can't follow directions why would I want to have them working for me? It makes no sense that in this day and age that people can not follow simple directions. Hooked on Phonics is still available, maybe they should invest in a copy.
See you in the funny papers.

Dani

Translator Device: Don't run, we are your friends.
Martian Ambassador: We come in peace! We come in peace!
Mars Attacks

4 Comments:

At 9/10/2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

Starship Troopers is also a favorite around here, even though I've read the book and I know how much they've dumbed it down for the movie. I look at the movie as "Aliens meets Beverly Hills 90210." The little "propaganda reports" are also reminiscent of Verhoeven's earlier work in RoboCop and the little news updates in that movie.

Some people just are incapable of following directions. Consider your ad as like an intelligence test; all those people who couldn't follow directions just bilged the exam.

 
At 9/10/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Dani said...

I do realize that they dumbed it down which is what makes it so good, the whole movie is so blatantly stupid that it is funny.

Yeah I do consider the ad an intelligence test and well no intelligent life has been discovered yet.

 
At 9/12/2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Akela Talamasca said...

One of the best parts of that movie for me is Sergeant Zim. Clancy Brown rocks!

 
At 2/22/2007 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adquity.com

Classifieds for our community. Buy, sell, trade, date, events... post anything. Adquity Classifieds.

Adquity.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home