16.8.06

I'm Getting Married Tomorrow (technically and again)


Well today has been the day of change, in many ways. But being that I am a firm believer in the fact that one must change to grow (although sometimes I refuse to do it myself), change sometimes is good. It also puts things in a new perspective for me and gives me something new to focus on.
First change, I cut down the size of my store and put the excess land up for sale and revamped a lot of the items that I have for sale, I met with Smoke Jack of S&S Enterpises (http://www.homestead.com/ssllp/index.html) and talked with him about what I had in mind for my business. He said that there were three things I should do and gave me the prices for each thing. But judging from the site I think that they have had a lot of success in his line of work. The prices are a little steep but if the outcome is good then it might be worth it.
Second change, I resigned from the clubs. This was something that I hated to do but the fact is that I hate drama more and the clubs where no longer fun for me. I was reaching the point where I no longer wanted to be in the clubs or anywhere near them. It became something that was no longer fun and I didn't have a good time there anymore. I was reaching the point where I wanted to fire everyone and start all over again with fresh personalities and people. There was also the role that I played in the venture and I felt as though I was not living up to my job description. Maybe at a later date I will rejoin the group but for now I am quite happy to be a consultant and concentrate on the store.
Third change, Erbo and I, at the urging of Keeva, are getting married again in a formal wedding August 17th at 8:30 p.m. SLT. We are holding the ceremony at Wedding Bells in Cameo. I chose Cameo because I know how much Erbo loves the place and I thought he would enjoy getting married there. In many ways I am looking forward to it and in SOOOOO many more I am so freaking nervous. Overall, I am looking forward to it and can hadly wait. We are going to have the cake cutting at Cameo and the rest of the reception at Soulmates in Yoonseul (many thanks Linda Bobbysocks and Eye Dangle).
So, if any one has wondered why it seems like I am under a lot of stress lately, now you know. :-)
But yet I feel strangely relieved and kind of relaxed. I can be an odd duck sometimes.

Dani

--
You're not the easiest person I ever got to know
And it's hard for us both to let our feelings show
Some would say
I should let you go your way

You'll only make me cry

If there's one girl, just one girl

Who'd lay down her life for you and die

It's hard to say it

It's hard to say it, but it's probably me--
It's Probably Me
Sting
(Words have been slightly altered)

6 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 5:39 AM, Blogger Bay Shiras said...

Great, Dani!!! I wish you all luck.

 
At 8/16/2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Thank you Bay! :-)

 
At 8/16/2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

It's finally come together...and without serious bloodshed, either! :-) Looking forward to it...

 
At 8/17/2006 3:27 AM, Blogger Akela Talamasca said...

Yet another event I'll miss. Thank you, Real Life.

 
At 8/17/2006 4:25 PM, Anonymous Shockwave Plasma said...

Yes, a curse on this round planet we inhabit, it's time to build ourselves a Dyson sphere, where there will never be night.

And we will miss seeing Akela in a suit.

 
At 8/17/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

Even a Dyson Sphere wouldn't stop my boss from wanting me at work and "staying focused." :-(

And I wouldn't insist Akela wear a suit...from his standpoint, he's already dressed for any occasion!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home