26.8.06

Food For Thought


Well, I read the post on Erbo's blog and while it was profound it also seemed to lead to various viewpoints on what defined each person as an AV. While I am not going to rehash that all here, I am going to add a thought of my own before moving on to other stuff. I think that in going on with the questions of what defines each individual avatar, people fail to realize that even though all they see is the avatar there is a person behind that AV and for all intents and purposes it is that person or a side of their personality that you are getting to know and like or dislike. And while that AV is a representation of themselves, it is this person that you truly do not know. I have run across AVs of many different types and colors but I still have no clue as to what race or creed the person controlling it is, nor do I care. While SL is a community of people it is still a place where you can be what you want to be when you want to be it. What difference should it make it the person who wears black all the time decides to wear blue? It shouldn't because maybe they decided it was time for a change. What should define a person is as true in SL as it is in RL and that is Their Actions. If that person is a jerk in black then they will be a jerk in blue but if the that person is a wonderful person in black then they will continue to be the same person no matter what they wear. I think that some people need to look past the AV and see the person behind it. I have been fortunate to make friends with several people who have done just that. To this day I have no idea what any of them save for one or two look like and it just isn't that important to me to find out. I don't care if they are the hottest thing this side of sliced bread or butt fucking ugly, that is not what's important to me. What is important though is actions and how they treat people and expect to be treated. I say all that to say this, it is ultimately their actions that define who they are and what they mean to me. I step off my soap box now and move on to other things.

I razzed the house yet again, this time so that I could fit a particular living room set in it. I have to have matching furniture and since I texture the walls first when I find something that matches I expect to be able to fit it. Call me a perfectionist but damn it I want it to match. :-)
Erbo and I pulled a shift at Soulmates tonight to replace the scheduled DJ and host. It was pretty packed which started off as fun for me since I was the DJ. But it soon became apparent that even though the place was packed every one save for a few people were tightwads. They refused to tip! Which I must say is a bad thing at Soulmates since the tips you make is what you are paid period. Soulmates does not pay their employees, it is stictly a tip based business and if you don't make any tips you don't get paid. It totally sucks but that is the way it is and that is not even the bad part of the evening. The bad part is the attack that occurred about 15 minutes before we ended the shift. These two jackasses decide to be immature bastards and ruin everyone's good time. What the hell causes people to act like freaking jerks is beyond me but it totally pissed me off. And since no one was there to ban these jack offs they totally got away with it. And by the time they left the club was totally dead because no one wanted to risk getting orbitted again. I can't say that I blame them.
Anyhoo, since I am about to face plant the keyboard, I shall end this post.
See ya in the funny papers.

Dani

**You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold
Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feed?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?**

The Hand That Feeds
Nine Inch Nails

1 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

In general, the "Your Actions" principle is a good one to go by...in RL or SL.

And I hate griefers and wish we could have done something about the whole SM fiasco last night.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home