27.8.06

Are You Pondering What I Am Pondering?


In creating my post it got me to thinking about some of the other things about people that define them and make you either like them or want to figuratively kill them.
I for one have discovered that some people in SL, again like RL, can be petty and jealous and love to cause drama and hurt people. I have had the displeasure of meeting such a person. This person is the type of person that loves to start trouble. They also have this knack for coveting everything that someone has. I have often wondered about people like this and wonders what makes them tick. I find the fact that they will pose as your friend to get close enough to you. Once they are as close as they can get they try to ruin your life.
What can possibly be going through their minds that they think that this is acceptable behavior on their part? How can someone derive such pleasure from causing such pain in others? I realize that asking questions like this is akin to asking the meaning of life or something, but these are the thoughts that go through my mind when I meet a person like that and find out what they really are.
Call me naive but it amazes me that some people can be that blatantly conniving as to try to destroy friendships and ruin lives just because you have something that they want. I recently had this happen to me and the thought that a person could be that backstabby and yet still smile in your face and pretend to be your friend is just a mystery to me. I find that meeting people like that only encourages my distrust in humanity as a whole.
It appears that I must have been raised in another world or something because most of the people I meet that display these traits are my age or were raised by someone my age. What are these parents teaching their children? Since when were ethichs and morals thrown out the window? Why is it right to walk all over people and treat them like shit? I realize that I ask eternal questions for which there probably no answers but this is what I wonder when I find that someone I chose to trust has betrayed me.
Yet these people exist and they procreate and raise their children to be just like them. Yeah it bugs me but it is not like I can do anything about it. I can not change a person's personality or make them any better a friend.
These are people that I generally tend to avoid and leave to their own devices. If I discover later in a relationship that this is the type of person they are, I tend to keep them at arms length and slowly cut them out of my life. It is not something I pride myself in doing but someone like that needs to be kept far from me to prevent further damage.
A person like that could never truly be a friend and it pains me to think that they will never truly have friends in their life. If they can never be trusted because they always betray the ones that trust, then I feel sorry for them because they must have one sad and lonely existence.
But that is just me.

Dani

I won't stand in your way
Let your hatred grow
And she'll scream
And she'll shout
And she'll pray
And she had a name
Yeah she had a name
And I won't hold you back
Let your anger rise
And we'll fly
And we'll fall
And we'll burn
No one will recall
No one will recall
This is the last time I'll abandon you
And this is the last timeI'll forget you
I wish I could

Stockholm Syndrome
Muse

2 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

This is a time to remember the advice that was given to me by an old Marine who worked at a company I worked at once: Non illegitimi carborundum. "Don't let the bastards wear you down."

 
At 8/28/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Dani said...

They never do! :-) I just leave them to their own devices so that they can hang themselves.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home