29.7.06

Confusius Says....

OMG! I didn't post yesterday, the world has come to and end! No actually is was lack of sleep that caused me to pass out before I could and sleep until 7 p.m. (Central time) tonight. Guess I was tired.
Now, I did DJ last night and made some decent tips considering I had L$4 before I started spinning and quite a bit more than that when I was done (somewhere in the L$700 neighborhood). And.......then I crashed and lost it all. Nice bug! LL hates me, I swear it sometimes. Alas, all's well, sometimes ends in shit. Very stinky shit too.
I do have a rant tonight on something I observered but that will come in a bit. Tonight I got some "Sploder love and made a decent chunk of change (Lindens). And since I had the day off, I was able to participate in the contests and won the first one. Blue Skye won the second one. Of course with the increasing back account comes the need to appease the Gods of Shopping otherwise they get angry and the vendors eat your money or you crash and lose it all. (No, I am not going to let that go for a while, it pissed me off.) Ah since I mentioned the contest I shall insert rant here.
The Rant
Why is it when a man sees a hot girl (or what he thinks is a hot girl) he feels compelled to talk to her and TOUCH her without finding out a few pertinent facts yet, like is she married (partnered, whatever)? Enter said doorknob. The contest was Sexy Nurse and Doctor and I had on some revealing clothes and a lab coat. Since it is common courtesy to greet people when they come in, I said "Hello". Big mistake! He instantly latched on to me and the game was afoot. Nice, since you can't miss my ring or the hand that it blings on OR the matching on blinging a foot away from you. Genius! Ok, he's being nice and wants to just dance. Wrong again! We have the comments rolling now, and I mean "Can you be anymore obvious?" pickup lines. I discreetly direct him to the profile and Captain Oblivious completely misses the hint. Erbo is DJing tonight and makes a few comments to and about me over the air. Master of the Obivious misses those too. By now I am internally laughing my ass off, because anyone else would have figured it out by now. It should be a crime to be that dense! And since we are just dancing and it is just comments no harm, no foul. Then, he put his hand in the small of my back and rubbed. GAME OVER! GAME FREAKING OVER! I backed away and redirected him discreetly to the profile. I should have beat him over the head with it. Long story short, he eventually left WITHOUT getting a clue. What planet do you have to be on for you to be able to blatantly disrespect the sanctity of someone's relationship and think it is okay? Dancing is one thing but oozing sexual innuendo that is never going to get you off home plate is another. And you should NEVER touch a lady without her permission not matter how she is dressed! Maybe if I had slapped him, he would have got the point and believe me I was sorely tempted. Why do some men think it is okay to hit on whatever woman they want too, taken or not? Oh yeah, most men are dogs that's why. Well, it's not right and not all women cheat. Well, I have a ball peen hammer and a nail for the next one that puts his hands on me. Don't know what I intend to do, watch Serpant and the Rainbow. I hate being put in that type of position it is not nice and very disrespectful and if you are that clueless go to PnH or pick up a hooker. You will defintely get luckier than pissing me off!
Anyhoo, other than the doorknob things were pretty good today. I got to appease the Gods of Shopping and yet again succeeded in blowing damn near all my cash. I am glad I no longer have to pay rent or that would suck. But I like having my own house now, I can listen to and do what I want and I have the fountain with the fishies.
There was a minor disturbance in Paradise but I shall side step that and not go into it. All I shall say is that sometimes I hate wearing my heart on my sleeve, I seem to get my feelings hurt so easily. It is almost as if someone says the wrong thing or I take something the wrong way (which I am famous for) I will be reduced to either being pissed off or crying my heart out. I hate being like that but, a leopard can't change his stripes and I can't change who I am. I am overly sensitive and moreso when I don't get enough sleep. Being sensitive has a good side, like the fact that I can tune in to others and care more about peoples' feelings and I love to help out and offer comfort. On the other hand I feel like I walk on eggshells because I don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings and don't want people to misunderstand me. Catch 22, at least it seems that way because either I get my feelings hurt or I inadvertantly hurt someone else. How do I solve this? I keep my mouth shut, which in and of itself is not a good thing because, I end up not talking about the "Valid" problems or issues that I have. Jeesh, I am complicated sometimes, but all is fair in love and war.
Well, I am off to do some homework before I head to slumberland. See you in the funny papers, kiddies

Dani

-But touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,
And we can have forever,
And we can love forever,
Forever is our today,
Who waits forever anyway?
Who Wants To Live Forever
Queen


4 Comments:

At 7/29/2006 7:07 PM, Blogger Erbo Evans said...

Oh, I had a little chat via IM with that guy that tried to hit on you, too. And he suddenly found that he had to leave shortly thereafter...

 
At 7/29/2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Dani said...

Oh that explains a lot of the change in his attitude. Thank you, My Knight. :-)

 
At 7/29/2006 11:24 PM, Blogger Valorna said...

Where are the idiot cops when you need them?

 
At 7/29/2006 11:28 PM, Blogger Dani said...

At Dunkin Donuts taking a break Val! Welcome aboard the blogger express, WOOT WOOT!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home